Saturday, February 03, 2007

Finding Peace?

Today was cold again. It has been a cold winter so far. It is now February and it snowed a little again today. I don't mind the cold or the snow. It's harder to get outside because you have to put so many more clothes on just to be able to stay out and work or walk outside. As long as the wind is not blowing real hard, it can be invigorating to bundle up and go outside and walk around and listen to the silence of winter. The snow muffles the sounds so you can experience the stillness. It can be described as peaceful.

I had the job today to go check on my brother-in-law's dogs since he is out of town. I enjoy doing it for him. It was strange in the house though. It is strange to say only Mike's name. I looked around the house and even though almost nothing has changed, I can feel the absence of Kay. I sat down and cried because I could not feel her, in the house, anymore. Moments like this it hits me so hard that she is gone, really gone. Not just at work or out of town. I can't imagine how hard it is for Mike. To come home each day and feel that absence. I wish I could do more for him. But finding the peace that must be found is such a personal, intimate journey. I wish peace for Mike. I also wish peace for me and Kim and all the rest of the family. I hope that Mike will always feel a part of our family and that he can turn to us and know that we understand his pain and I hope that we all slowly find peace together.

No comments:

I want to thank God for the means and ability to travel. It is amazing to be able to experience the beauty of this country on the open road....